When building or renovating, we dedicate a considerable amount of time to pay attention to the details of each ambient, where colours, wall coverings and furniture must be in proper harmony. Although discreet at first glance, the ceiling finish is as important as the walls and floor in decoration, as its colour, for instance, can change our perception of the space's spaciousness and illumination. The ceiling can be a 'wild card' for decor when used to complement or even reinforce the style chosen for the environment. Adopted for centuries to decorate interiors, the classic elements rescue the palatial elegance with hints of art deco and represent today the main influence in the decoration of the ceilings.
One of the most famous elements is the wall covings, the 'uspide down skirting board'. Traditionally made of plaster, the mouldings require specialization in handling and applying the material, which is not always practical and clean. Santa Luzia offers a sustainable alternative by providing six ecological and ready to install wall covering models, following the design already offered on skirting boards, decorative mouldings and architraves.
Manufactured from the recycling of Styrofoam® residues, the mouldings are recyclable, resistant to pests such as termites and are immune to mold. The parts leave the factory painted with white acrylic solvent-based paint. If repainting is necessary, the mouldings are prepared to receive acrylic, polyurethane and synthetic solvent-based paint. Caution: do not sand the parts to the point of removing the factory paint, which could compromise the overcoat finish. See other images:
For the wall coving installation, we recommend using the following accessories:
- Installation on masonry walls: It is recommended to use Santa Luzia Glue plus the Santa Luzia T Bracket. Note: for apartments that do not accept holes in the walls, we suggest using the Santa Luzia Double-Sided Tape instead of the Santa Luzia T Bracket.
- Installation on other surfaces: It is recommended to use Santa Luzia Super Adhesive plusSanta Luzia Double-Sided Tape.
Important: To finalize the finishing on the seams, it is recommended to use Santa Luzia Premium Caulk in a colour similar to the chosen finish.
- Santa Luzia Glue: excellent adhesion to masonry walls and Santa Luzia's polystyrene products. Recommended for indoor areas. A 400 g tube can yield up to three 2.4 meter bars, totaling 7.2 linear meters of wall coving with widths between 7 to 15 centimetres. 1 kg or 5 kg glue pots can yield up to approximately 12 or 14 linear meters kg. Applied with a spatula for mouldings from 7 to 15 centimetres.
- Santa Luzia Super Adhesive: has excellent adhesion to common glass, aluminum, tile, ceramic, MDF, Santa Luzia polystyrene skirting boards and Santa Luzia polyurethane wall coverings. Recommended for indoor and outdoor areas. Its average yield from a tube is for three bars of 2.4 meters, totaling 7.2 linear meter for mouldings from 7 to 15 centimetres in height.
- Santa Luzia T Bracket: Ideal for initial anchoring of products indoors. It is recommended to use 6 Santa Luzia T Brackets per 2.4 meter bar. The recommended distance between the brackets is 40 centimetres in the longitudinal direction of the moulding.
- Santa Luzia Double-Sided Tape: Ideal for initial anchoring of products indoor. The average yield of tape per bar is 36 cm for pieces of 3 cm of tape every 40 centimetres in the longitudinal direction of the moulding. Important: It is recommended to use six pieces of tape at the top and six pieces at the bottom of wall baseboards or door casings with a width greater than 5 cm.
- Santa Luzia Premium Caulk: Ideal for finishing skirting boards, decorative mouldings, wall covings and architraves. Note: The average yield of Santa Luzia Premium Caulk “90 grams” is up to 30 linear metres for a crack of up to 1 mm.
Attention! Yields can decrease according to surface imperfection!
Become a Santa Luzia partner in EPS recycling♻ 🌿💚
Contact can be made directly at the factory by calling 48-36511346 email@example.com
CIC - MP Collection Intelligence Center - Waste